Round 2 Recap

Hey friends, just got off another super fun ride on the coaster yesterday... but yeah, definitely not for the weak at heart. 

I will say, with all of the showering of affection from the day prior (THANK YOU ALL), I woke up in a much better mood and feeling ready to face the day. Pink hippie hair did a lot of the heavy lifting there, too. Thank you, Asian hairpieces off Amazon! 

On the health update front: happy to share that my vitals were wicked strong, BUT my red blood cell counts were dog $shit. Chemo LOVES to do that to you. In fact I may be looking down the pike of a blood transfusion or two over the next few months, but we'll cross that not-so-scary bridge if and when we get there. NBD

Ready for the BEST news of the day, though?!? My 3 centimeter mass is now only ONE centimeter after only ONE round of chemo under my belt. Science. Is. INSAAANNNNEEE!!!!  

On the flipside - worst news of the day? Turns out I'm remarkably and super predictably allergic to one of my two killer chemo meds. Yesterday I got to enjoy another 5 minutes of the I'm-dying-right-now routine. This time the heated face traveling to my chest upped the ante by going into my throat which started to close up. I now understand what the poor bee-sting and peanut allergy kids must fear everyday heading outside or into the school lunch room... poor babies. 

But hey, I got through it in under 5-10 minutes. Just not without a ridiculous amount of tears. Good thing they dried up pretty quickly, though. Then we brushed our shoulders off and headed back home to happy children and a mother that loves me. Life is good. 

Now please enjoy a fun-filled reflection video... why? 'Cause I'm Jem and I'm truly truly truly outrageous. Mwah! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Long Strange Trip

Today's Outlook: Cloudy

Let's Get Ready To Rumble